Commercial driver's licencing makes the grade
The Commercial Driver's Licence Program is highly credited by safety officials, law-enforcement officers and the trucking industry for improving highway safety. Five years after its implementation in 1992, the law has successfully enforced a uniform testing and licencing standard for commercial drivers. As a result, traffic violations and accidents went down, as the number of commercial drivers who drink and drive as well as holding of multiple licences were curbed.
Publication Name: Safety & Health
Vive la difference!
An American woman who lived in Paris, France describes her delight to discover that the French life style did not lead to a weight gain. She lost 14 pounds and two dress sizes because of such factors as eating the main meal at lunch, walking everywhere, and eating more fruits and vegetables.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
What difference a year makes
A veteran woman bodybuilder trained hard to lose weight and develop her physique for the 1995 Annapolis Bodybuilding Championships. Her determination and resolve to accomplish her goal was rewarded when she topped the heavyweight class of the competition.
Publication Name: Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
- Abstracts: A partnership that delivers. Flue strikes the hygiene hypothesis. The type of somatic mutation at APC in familial adenomatous polyposis is determined by the site of the germline mutation: a new facet to Knudson's `two-hit' hypothesis
- Abstracts: Health care reform in the OECD countries. Envelopes. Prostheses and orthoses in developing countries
- Abstracts: My three valves. Three rungs on the same ladder of success
- Abstracts: The controversy over self-defense methods. To swerve and protect. Don't be a victim: protect yourself against crime
- Abstracts: Eyes on Everest. Hospice: What Gets in the Way of Appropriate and Timely Access. When smokey gets in your eyes