Diagnosis and treatment of amyloidosis
Treatment to reduce the amount of abnormal amyloid proteins that are available to form the fibrous tangles characteristic of systemic amyloidosis may result in the regression of existing amyloid tangles, as seen using the serum amyloid P (SAP) imaging method. Several forms of amyloidosis result from deposits of abnormal protein fibrils in various organs. Classes of amyloidosis are defined by the type of precursor proteins and differ in disease course and treatment to reduce the precursors. The SAP image provides information on the distribution and progress of the disease not afforded by biopsy.
Publication Name: Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases
The basics of interpreting wrist X-rays
Health care providers should educate themselves about the complexities of the human wrist and X-ray interpretation. Knowledge of wrist anatomy and variations in anatomy can enhance understanding of wrist radiographs and injury diagnosis. Potentially harmful wrist abnormalities may be difficult to spot without sufficient X-ray interpretation skills.
Publication Name: Physician Assistant
- Abstracts: The diagnosis and initial management of head injury. The diagnosis of cystic fibrosis
- Abstracts: The diagnosis and management of plantar fasciitis. Heel pain: it's usually a symptom of plantar fasciitis. Plantar Fasciitis
- Abstracts: Rhinitis: diagnosis and treatment. Bladder cancer: its diagnosis and treatment. Presentation and treatment of Hansen's disease
- Abstracts: Neighborhood social environment and risk of death: multilevel evidence from the Alameda County study. Relation of self-image to body size and weight loss attempts in black women
- Abstracts: Understanding Peptic Ulcer Disease Pharmacotherapeutics. Metabolic Complications of HIV Disease