Domestic Violence Resources on the Internet
There are many useful Internet resources to help physicians and their patients deal with domestic violence. Appropriate sites include those by the Minnesota Center Against Violence & Abuse, the Family Peace Project, the Family Violence Prevention Fund, the San Francisco Medical Society, the American College of Emergency Medicine, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Academy of Family Practice, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence, The National Criminal Justice Reference Service and the US Department of Justice also have Web sites.
Publication Name: JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association
My excellent adventure on the Net
The Internet offers a wide variety of information on nutrition and related topics, and the World Wide Web is a good place to start looking. Tips on sifting through information are given, along with finding support groups and more.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
An Internet forum for the management of disasters?
The Pan American Health Organization created an electronic disaster management network in Central America in 1995. The Internet-based network has been expanded into South America and includes a 'disaster discussion group.'
Publication Name: World Health
- Abstracts: Apoptosis in the heart. Blunt trauma to the heart and great vessels. Valvular heart disease
- Abstracts: Attention deficit disorder and the pediatric patient: a review
- Abstracts: Rapid assessment of the febrile child. Assessment and treatment of arterial ulcers
- Abstracts: Intellectual property issues in the digital health care world
- Abstracts: The importance of parametric approaches in the analysis of cell behavior. Disciplined approaches