Effect of magnesium sulfate given for neuroprotection before preterm birth: a randomized controlled trial
Magnesium sulfate given intravenously during labor may benefit premature babies, according to a study of 1047 pregnant women who delivered prematurely. Babies whose mothers received intravenous magnesium sulfate had fewer disabilities at age two than babies whose mothers did not receive magnesium sulfate. Magnesium sulfate had no serious side effects.
Publication Name: JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association
Outcomes at 2 years of age after repeat doses of antenatal corticosteroids
A randomized and controlled study to analyze the long-term effects of repeat doses of antenatal corticosteroids in children is conducted. The results show that the drug reduces the neonatal morbidity without changing the neurosensory disability or body size of two-year-old children.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
Neonatal adrenal function after repeat dose prenatal corticosteroids: A randomized controlled trial
A study was conducted with the objective to find out if repeated prenatal corticosteroids suppress neonatal cortisol concentrations. It was concluded that the short-or-long-term clinical impact, if any, of the changes in adrenal function needs to be determined.
Publication Name: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Abstracts: Effect of estrogen plus progestin on global cognitive function in postmentopausal women: a randomized controlled trial
- Abstracts: Effect of estrogen plus progestin on global cognitive function in postmentopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. part 2
- Abstracts: Effect of awareness of a randomized controlled trial on use of experimental therapy. Long-term renal prognosis of diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression
- Abstracts: Effect of recombinant ApoA-I Milano on coronary atherosclerosis in patients with acute coronary syndromes: a randomized controlled trial
- Abstracts: Deciding on route of delivery for obese women with a prior cesarean delivery. part 2 Maternal age and the likelihood of a maternal request for cesarean delivery: A 5-year population-based study