For the love of Brian
Sandra Sked took the decision to nurse her severely brain injured son at home, after he was diagnosed as suffering persistent vegetative state (PVS) in 1993 as the direct result of an accident. Sked and her partner, Andrew Lamb took the unusual decision to care for Brian at home after learning as much as they could about the requirements and changes they would need to make to their daily lifes. Brian can now smile, laugh and breath on his own, after five years of love and dedication by his family.
Publication Name: Nursing Times
Why women love men
A woman describes how she likes men because they are so different from women. She enjoys the way men become engrossed in a project such as fixing a car, and the way they behave boisterously with one another. She recalls several situations with different men that made her realize this.
Publication Name: Men's Health
Love at first glide
A woman describes her introduction to cross-country skiing. She was surprised to find that it is an easy sport to learn and that the steady exercise kept her warm even on frigid days. Nordic skiing burns 600 to 1,200 calories per hour and is less tiring than running.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
- Abstracts: Biology of prion diseases. Sexist diseases
- Abstracts: The courage of Alice. Courage in adversity
- Abstracts: Control of serum lipids with soy protein. Regulation of firearms. Role of protein glycosylation in immune regulation
- Abstracts: Folding of secretory and membrane proteins. (Review Article). Radioactive review hurries Nirex
- Abstracts: The controversy over self-defense methods. To swerve and protect. Don't be a victim: protect yourself against crime