The author argues that the health benefits of citrus fruits and vitamin C have been overstated in the press, and that studies of megadoses of vitamin C have not revealed any conclusive benefits. Furthermore, increased concentrations of vitamin C in the gut and urine may lead to adverse effects.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
When Treatment Fails: Caring for Patients with Visual Disability
Statistics of visually impaired are increasing. Vision loss causes problems of depression, functional limitation and lower quality of life. When no ophthalmic treatment options remain, ophthalmologists should direct patients to rehabilitative and psychological services
Publication Name: Archives of Ophthalmology
Implementation and evaluation of the modified feeling great program for oncology children
A study examining the effectiveness of The Modified Feeling Great Program for children, in the age group of 6 and 17 years and suffering with cancer is presented. The purpose of the program is to make these children mentally strong and increase the quality of life.
Publication Name: Health Education
- Abstracts: Correlates and consequences of harsh discipline for young children. Consequences of inadequate analgesia during painful procedures in children
- Abstracts: Perception and regulation of drug use: the rise and fall of the tide
- Abstracts: Moving from innovation to implementation: trends in foods for particular nutritional uses. Intense sweeteners and energy density of foods: Implications for weight control
- Abstracts: Emergency planning and the acute toxic potency of inhaled ammonia. Effects of electromagnetic fields on photophasic circulating melatonin levels in American kestrels
- Abstracts: Vaginopathic and proteolytic Candida species in outpatients attending a gynecology clinic. Candida vaginitis