Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancer
A randomized, phase 3 trail that compared intravenous paclitaxel in patients with intravenous paclitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with stage III ovarian cancer is presented. As compared with intravenous paclitaxel plus cisplatin, intravenous pacitaxel plus intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel improves survival in patients with optimally debulked stage III ovarian cancer.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
Interferon-gamma expression is an independent prognostic factor in ovarian cancer
A study speculates that Interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) expression in ovarian cancer-infiltrating T-lymphocytes might affect tumor biology by directly inhibiting growth as well as by stimulating immune competent cells. It is concluded that elevated IFN-gamma expression correlates with improved clinical outcome in patients with ovarian cancer.
Publication Name: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Results of the 2006 Innsbruck International Consensus Conference on intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with ovarian cancer
Publication Name: Cancer
- Abstracts: Sustained hippocampal chromatin regulation in a mouse model of depression and antidepressant action. New approaches to antidepressant drug discovery: beyond monoamines
- Abstracts: Transcription meets metabolism in neurodegeneration. Increased apoptosis of Huntington disease lymphoblasts associated with repeat length-dependent mitochondrial depolarization
- Abstracts: Performance measures and clinical outcomes. Assessing quality of care. Competition on outcomes and physician leadership are not enough to reform health care
- Abstracts: Strike fears as Brown hands nurses 'pay cut'. College faces toughest decision in its history. Pay rise proposal is 'slap in the face'
- Abstracts: Critical and constructive. Nurses' role in nutritional assessment and screening: Part one of a two-part series