Menopause: a new approach
The women of today differ from their predecessors in that they have a clearer sense of self-awareness and a better understanding of their role in society. They are setting new precedents on economic, social and spiritual levels. How a doctor feels about patient responsibility and women's role in society will influence what therapies he selects for his menopausal patients. Each woman has her own beliefs and ideas about menopause that may have to be confronted. Much can be done before menopause to ease potential turmoil. It is important to help women learn effective ways of dealing with stress. The ways a woman handles change in her life will be magnified during menopause. An enjoyable and well rounded exercise program is key, as are the maintenance of good personal hygiene and healthy relationships. The doctor must be able to give sound advice about health and living and offer caring, intelligent and non-invasive treatment choices.
Publication Name: Holistic Medicine
While most stress-prevention prescriptions are highly personal, some of the activities one might think of as stress-fighters can actually be stress-boosters. The most common offenders are rounded up and stress-free replacements for soothing relief are offered.
Publication Name: Arthritis Today
Say it ain't so
Techniques are given for avoiding and preventing stress. Two main points are to set priorities and to think positively. Phrases are given that can be said to one's self when unpleasant thoughts come to mind.
Publication Name: Men's Health
- Abstracts: Stress and reproductive failure: an evolutionary approach with applications to premature labor. Elevation of total nitrite and nitrate concentration in vaginal secretions as a predictor of premature delivery
- Abstracts: Medical injury compensation: a time for testing new approaches
- Abstracts: Progestogen administration in pregnancy may prevent preterm delivery. Midwifery in the Netherlands. The Wormerveer study; Selection, mode of delivery, perinatal mortality and infant morbidity
- Abstracts: Prescriptions from a former patient. How to be a good friend to someone who's ill. Caring for the caregiver
- Abstracts: Growing up medical. Can you afford to get sick? Medical care cost containment