Satisfaction guaranteed- "payment by results" for biologic agents
Payment bases on results are chosen as a criterion by many agencies to decide the prices of the drugs according to the results they give. The approach will help in avoiding the wastage and improving the value of the health care.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
Opprobrium or opportunity
The importance of writers providing correct information about biomedical research and new drugs is discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of the American Dental Association
- Abstracts: Educational levels of hospital nurses and surgical patient mortality. Mortality among hospitalized Medicare beneficiaries in the first 2 years following ACGME resident duty hour reform
- Abstracts: Correlates of residential wiring code used in studies of health effects of residential electromagnetic fields
- Abstracts: Secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism with the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran. Comparison of ximelagatran with warfarin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total knee replacement
- Abstracts: NIH: plan to speed biomedical payoffs. Obesity is now on everyone's plate. Insure everyone now, urges IOM
- Abstracts: The association between for-profit hospital ownership and increased Medicare spending. Medical care -- is more always better?