Rx: Canadian drugs
More and more Americans are buying their drugs from Internet pharmacies that get the drugs from Canada. Canadian drugs are often cheaper than their American counterparts, and Canadian drugs must go through the same drug approval process as US drugs do. It is not strictly legal to import drugs from other countries, but the FDA will not prosecute individuals or state governments. Instead, it may shut down Internet pharmacies.
Publication Name: The New England Journal of Medicine
Experts look for ways to lessen impact of drug shortages and discontinuations
The impact on health care due to shortages or unavailability of life-saving drugs and the possible solutions to tackle it is presented.
Publication Name: JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association
- Abstracts: Readiness for cessation of drug use among recent attenders and nonattenders of a needle exchange program. Taking informed consent seriously in global HIV vaccine research
- Abstracts: Readiness for cessation of drug use among recent attenders and nonattenders of a needle exchange program. part 2
- Abstracts: Surgery for obesity: demand soars amid scientific, ethical questions. Scenarios for stem cell creation debated
- Abstracts: Consensus document for the use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation. A cost benefit analysis of training nurses for extended roles
- Abstracts: Report highlights barriers to research on Firearms and violence. Taking aim at gun violence: tracing bullets and guns to sideline scofflaw dealers