Sex chromosomal mosaicism in the gonads of patients with gonadal dysgenesis, but normal female or male karyotypes in lymphocytes
A search for sex chromosomal mosaicism in gonads of patients with XY or XY gonadal dysgenesis of undetermined origin is discussed. The result indicates that sex chromosomal mosaicism in gonads may be a frequent cause of gonadal dysgenesis despite of normal karyotypes in lymphocytes.
Publication Name: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Normal and mutant huntingtin: partners in crime?
This article discusses huntingtin, the product of the Huntington's disease gene. The authors maintain that not only is huntingtin the cause of Huntington's disease, but also may cause pathogenesis due to the loss of normal protein function.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
HPV infections and tonsillar carcinoma
The human papillomavirus (HPV) detection rate of 51 percent is among the highest in any extragenital human malignancy. The association of HPV infection with tonsillar carcinoma, a non-genital cancer is discussed.
Publication Name: Journal of Clinical Pathology
- Abstracts: The psychological care of patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus
- Abstracts: Managing psychosis in patients with Parkinson's disease. Behcet's disease
- Abstracts: From the wings of night: dream work with people who have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Sleep dreams of women in the childbearing years: a review of research
- Abstracts: A randomized study of the prevention of sudden death in patients with coronary artery disease. A mysterious death: presentation of case
- Abstracts: Cancer mortality in agricultural regions of Minnesota. Radiation and mortality of workers at Oak Ridge National Laboratory: positive associations for doses received at older ages