Some aspects of first sexual relationships in females with special reference to those aged under 16
The sexual, social, pregnancy and contraceptive histories of 500 women aged 16-60 with dyskaryosis, or moderate or mild abnormal changes in the cervix's cell nuclei, are collated by a gynecologist. Some 21.8% of the women had been aged under 16 when they first experienced sexual intercourse. Sexual experience at a young age is linked with a higher number of partners, a lack of contraceptive use in short-term relationships, smoking and early diagnosis dyskaryosis. The health-damaging aspects of the young women's lifestyles are described.
Publication Name: Health Education Journal
Bioterrorism and catastrophe response: a quick-reference guide to resources
A table containing Web sites and journal articles about the most likely bioterrorism agents is presented. It includes information about anthrax, botulism, plague, smallpox, tularemia, and viral hemorrhagic fevers. The Web sites and articles provide background information, signs and symptoms, prophylactic measures, and treatment.
Publication Name: Journal of the American Dental Association
Test yourself: How smart are you about sex?
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation designed a sex survey, and results show that men over age 40 have sex more often than women over 40. Marriage, birth control, high-risk sex, pregnancy, abortion, doctor-patient relationships and other topics are also discussed.
Publication Name: Glamour
- Abstracts: A randomized study of the prevention of sudden death in patients with coronary artery disease. A mysterious death: presentation of case
- Abstracts: Exploration of the relationship between caring and cost. Facing Death: Donor and Recipient Responses to the Gift of Life
- Abstracts: Effects of auditory stimuli on comatose patients with head injury. A hidden injury
- Abstracts: The prevention of the maternal manifestations of preeclampsia by intensive antihypertensive treatment. Altered skin integrity in children admitted to a pediatric intensive care unit
- Abstracts: Plasma levels of fluphenazine in patients receiving fluphenazine decanoate: relationship to clinical response. part 2