Employers often give their senior staff the furniture and equipment which afford a better working environment, but they should also take care of the physical well-being of other staff. Failure to do this is unlawful, and may result in higher levels of absenteeism and compensation claims. US statistics show that, in 1995, repeated trauma caused 62% of all occupational disorders. Employers should consider the ergonomic aspects of all employees' working environment, and invest in the assessment, equipment and training which may alleviate problems. A list of resources is included.
Publication Name: Occupational Safety & Health
Bush vs Kerry on jobs, labor and safety
The need for skilled workers in construction jobs is on the rise. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the need to be approximately 1 million between 2002 and 2012. Bush and Kerry have different takes on the situation. George Bush believes that undertaking various training programs, bettering high school education and promoting apprenticeship can meet the demand. John Kerry, on the other hand believes that raising minimum wages, protecting workersE right and improving workerE safety is the need of the hour.
Publication Name: Safety & Health
Preventing falls from height
The most common cause of fatal injury to employees in the European union due to falls from height is considered. The efforts put in for preventing such accidents in the construction sector is discussed.
Publication Name: The RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal
- Abstracts: Create a corporate safety culture. When bad things happen to good safety directors. No safety, no service
- Abstracts: A fun, fancy birthday feast. My very own stylist, and only four feet tall. Internalizing morality
- Abstracts: A protective gene for graft-versus-host disease. Sick chaperones, cellular stress, and disease
- Abstracts: Beta-cell replacement for type I diabetes. Cochlear implantation for the treatment of deafness. New approaches to hemodialysis
- Abstracts: Bottling out. Control of vibration consultation. Balancing life and work