The scaffolding industry is facing stricter safety legislation as over half of fatal construction accidents are due to insecure or incomplete scaffoliding. Many companies are registering for the Quality Assurance BS5750 and this is bringing down the number of reported accidents. The types of scaffolds used are discussed and a checklist for scaffolding safety is given.
Publication Name: Occupational Safety & Health
Italy creates neuroscience network
Italy will spend 40 billion Italian lira every year to support a national neuroscience network. The five existing neuroscience centers will make up the core of the network, along with smaller centers to be announced at a later date.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
Under the umbrian sun
A columnist describes her experiences with her family, during their visit to a farm in Italian countryside, on a vacation. The visiting sights enjoyed by the family are also discussed.
Publication Name: Child
- Abstracts: Something new out of Africa. Nomads in the Horn of Africa. Africa on the precipice: an ominous but not yet hopeless future
- Abstracts: Passport for health. Ham it up!. Checking in with the Newmans
- Abstracts: Oil on troubled dermas. Kith and skin. Bridge over troubled waters
- Abstracts: Ascending group B streptococcal genital infection in the rabbit model. Peptic ulcer risk and use of corticosteroids
- Abstracts: Enterovirus deja vu. Cochlear implants. Fertilizing or contaminating?