The antimicrobial and antifungal activity of a root canal core material
The antimicrobial and antifungal activity of a recently introduced root canal core material, Resilon, against five different microorganisms is investigated by conducting an in vitro study by means of agar diffusion test. Results showed that the Resilon cones inhibited no antimicrobial effect against any of the microorganisms tested, except for only one.
Publication Name: Journal of the American Dental Association
Endometrial adenocarcinoma: beliefs and scepticism
Beliefs and scepticism about the endometrial adenocarcinomas that are associated with endometrial hyperplasia are discussed. The adenocarcinomas have an excellent prognosis whether they are related to hyperplasic or atrophy, and taxonomically they form a single tumor group.
Publication Name: International Journal of Surgical Pathology
Fertility clinics cashing in on risky immune tests, expert warns
The issues related to the treatment offered by a growing number of well established fertility clinics to detect elevated levels of immune cells called uterine natural killer (NK) cells involved in the immune rejection of embryos during implantation are reviewed.
Publication Name: Nature Medicine
- Abstracts: A study of the advisory and health promotion activity of community pharmacists. Health promotion departments: developing a mechanism for promoting equal opportunities in career progression
- Abstracts: Microbiological examination of blood for septicaemia. Accuracy in ward-based blood glucose monitoring. Blood pressure
- Abstracts: Welfare ranching: The subsidized destruction of the American West. Calcium channel blockers: the real story
- Abstracts: Fatal flaw in baby formula sparks reform in Israeli ministry. Polyglutamine and CBP: fatal attraction?
- Abstracts: What goes around comes around: presidential address. Ethical concerns in industry support of continuing medical education: the con side