U.S. said tuberculosis continues decline
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has announced a continued decline of tuberculosis in the country for the fifth consecutive year since 1992. Although tuberculosis in US-born residents has decreased, the incidence of the disease in foreign-born individuals has increased. Multidrug resistance in several tuberculosis strains is one of the most pressing issues that need to be addressed in the development of a successful disease prevention plan.
Publication Name: World Disease Weekly Plus
Not fit for a dog
Cruel conditions still abound in many puppy farms. Investigators in the midwest have found dogs living in filthy, overcrowded cages. Many of the dogs are diseased and dying. One way to stop this cruelty to dogs is to stop buying dogs in pet stores.
Publication Name: Life
Subject: General interest
Model portfolios: recent developments
Three types of portfolios for investors with different attitudes and expectations from stocks are suggested. The suggested portfolios are based on the stock performances as per data available as of June, 2007.
Publication Name: The Value Line Investment Survey (Part 2 - Selection & Opinion)
Subject: Business, general
- Abstracts: Is there a cerebral dominance for consciousness? Stream of consciousness. Cerebral aneurysms
- Abstracts: Jumping to the wrong conclusion. Venus: Earth's ugly sister
- Abstracts: Over-the-counter intelligence. Spas for the whole you
- Abstracts: Demand for convenience puts clinics in stores. Age of growing concerns
- Abstracts: Silicosis kills. The new female activism