Best disposed of
A number of the materials listed in the UK's Deleterious Materials Schedule have been included on the basis of very unreliable evidence. This is the case with marine aggregates, which were thought to have caused damage to aircraft when used in runways. In fact, the damage arose from poor workmanship and not from the marine aggregates. It is now time for interested parties, including property owners and developers, to work together to decide who should manage the Deleterious Materials Schedule and how it should be controlled. Particular attention must be given to removing materials which should not be listed.
Publication Name: Estates Gazette
Subject: Real estate industry
Exoskeletons out of the closet
Researchers studying Formica exsecta have discovered that male worker ants control the sex ratio of their colonies by killing queen-laid male larvae. In species where the queens mate twice, the sex-ratio strategy depends on relatedness within the colony.
Publication Name: Science
Subject: Science and technology
Warm up to winter
Big Cedar Lodge, Branson, MO, is a luxurious health spa which offers three days of health and fitness seminars, spa services and mountain repasts in a miraculous setting.
Publication Name: Weight Watchers Magazine
- Abstracts: Why I am an abortionist. Portland's RAP system
- Abstracts: Natural Disasters. George Antheil and the dance
- Abstracts: 14 reasons for men to be nervous. Bound for glory
- Abstracts: Pumping iron. Software studies ice-going ship designs
- Abstracts: I am a mistress' daughter. If it's Tuesday, this must be Ihla do Sal