What's new about practice management systems
The best practice management systems enable large, integrated medical practices to schedule patients, manage a master patient index, report and maintain patient financial information, provide support for managed care contracts and have the flexibility of an open system architecture. Practice management systems that do not have all these features will lose sales as medical practices consolidate and the information needs of practices continue to expand.
Publication Name: American Medical News
Why rural practice?
A study of nurses in rural settings found personal job satisfaction criteria differed from that of urban nurses. Many of the surveyed rural nurses reported personal or community factors led to their rural practice but also believed they would leave that practice for job-related reasons. Nurses claimed the leading professional reasons for rural practice involved personalized care and long-term relationships with patients.
Publication Name: Nursing Management
Health in practice
Advice for employers and employees on the prevention of health problems for business travellers is presented.
Publication Name: Occupational Safety & Health
- Abstracts: Marshalling the arguments for community practice teachers. Management of incontinence in general practice. Collaboration puts the ENB Higher Award into practice
- Abstracts: Wound care pain management. Atypical chest pain in the elderly. Sciatic pain and piriformis syndrome
- Abstracts: Therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma: recent advances and experimental approaches. The evolving cost of HIV in South Africa changes in health care cost with duration on antiretroviral therapy for public sector patients
- Abstracts: Desogestrel and gestodene in oral contraceptives: 12 months' assessment of carbohydrate and lipoprotein metabolism
- Abstracts: Vaginopathic and proteolytic Candida species in outpatients attending a gynecology clinic. Candida vaginitis