The mysterious disappearance and death of Edgar A. Poe
John Evangelist Walsh's book 'Poe the Detective' based on the story of Edgar Allan Poe who disappeared for five days on a business trip to Philadelphia and New York is presented. Poe died subsequently after he reappeared in a Hospital at Baltimore before marrying Elmira Shelton a rich widow from Richmond.
Publication Name: Southern Quarterly
Subject: Regional focus/area studies
Brave new ceramics
The demand for high-performance ceramics application due to factors such as technology and environmental rules reconceptualizes ceramic art and design. Advanced ceramics such as zirconium, for instance, is used in hammer, knife and scissor of exceptional strengths.
Publication Name: American Craft
Subject: Home and garden
NATO's Junk Heap
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is going to reduce the number of nuclear warheads in Europe. It will be able to remove obsolete weapons. It can also recover needed special nuclear material (SNM).
Publication Name: Economist
- Abstracts: Heaven on ice. Nontaxable purchase-price reduction versus taxable disposition - the interplay between Sections 108(e)(5) and 453B(f)
- Abstracts: Blame it on the pears. The postwar trance: does no one care about America's costly military theories?
- Abstracts: One-dish dinners. This diva is diffident
- Abstracts: The home of the 21st century. Willie MacPhee (1910-2001)
- Abstracts: Textile innovation: form and antiform. Travel styles of the rich and famous aren't what they used to be