NAIC embraces push for reform with accreditation plan review
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) adopted several reformist measures at its summer 1995 meeting in St. Louis, MO. NAIC members called for a review of the five-year-old accreditation program. They also called on the NAIC leadership to form stronger ties with other insurance organizations. It was proposed that a group work with NAIC staff on budget planning. Members proposed greater public disclosure of budget information and opening plenary and executive committee sessions to the public.
Publication Name: Best's Review Property-Casualty Insurance Edition
NAIC's PIN database backed; AAI pushes electronic filing
The National Assn of Insurance Commissioners is proposing a Producer Information Network (PIN) database be implemented for the insurance industry. The proposal is publicly backed by nine insurance industry trade associations including the Alliance of American Insurers. The Alliance of American Insurers is proposing that the PIN database be made available through the Internet.
Publication Name: Best's Review Life-Health Insurance Edition
- Abstracts: A.M. Best improves rating structure for 1992. NAIC embraces push for reform with accreditation plan review. NAIC holds first open budget meeting
- Abstracts: Is it time for a product rating system? Making the case. International rating update. Best's Rating Monitor: annual review of international companies
- Abstracts: Insurers taking auto repair PPOs for a test drive. It may be time to revise the loss payable clause. Risk management works in residual markets
- Abstracts: Level the playing field with common game plan. Bancassurance in French P/C lines is slowly becoming profitable
- Abstracts: Data warehousing creates one stop shopping source. Make technology part of superior service. How can I reengineer my business procedures?