There are a number of significant issues relating to financial activity which are currently being addressed within the European Union. Member countries are seeking to meet the convergence criteria for economic and monetary union in terms of inflation, interest rates, exchange rates and public deficits, and steps are being taken to ensure integrated markets in insurance, banking and investment services. Experts are due to issue a report in Nov 1997 on ways to simplify European Union rules in the banking sector.
Publication Name: European Policy Analyst
Banking in the Twenty-First Century
The author outlines the potential effects of the 1999 financial reform measure, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, on the US banking system. An analysis of the Act is provided, along with an examination of potential controversies arising from the new financial services environment.
Publication Name: The Journal of Corporation Law
- Abstracts: Ambiguity in corporation law. Corporate law in the twenty-first century: the practitioners' prognosis. The pride and the hope of Delaware corporate law
- Abstracts: Antitrust and the marketplace of ideas. Antitrust in the market era
- Abstracts: Survey of 92 key companies using ADR to settle employment disputes. Just cause in the arbitration of sexual harassment cases
- Abstracts: Plan disqualified by unsecured loans to company's sole owner and plan's sole trustee. Charing expenses to an ERISA plan: the new rules
- Abstracts: Markman and its implications. Increasing certainty in patent litigation: the need for Federal Circuit approved pattern jury instructions