Land reform for post-apartheid South Africa
Land reform will play a crucial role in South Africa's return from apartheid. A plan is needed that will correct the inequities of the past system without disrupting the national economy. The National Party's position as given in the government 'White Paper on Land Reform and Accompanying Statutes' of Mar 1991 and the African National Congress proposals are examined, and a compromise position is proposed. The suggested compromise incorporates constitutionally guaranteed land rights, land redistribution, and limited nationalization and compensation.
Publication Name: Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review
Welcome to Euroland; introduction of new currency may cause a few bumps for U.S. businesses
The official introduction of the euro in 1999 means that 11 European countries' national currencies will soon become extinct, and foreign companies and law firms with business in Europe need a nutshell summary. Euro coins and notes will not actually start appearing until 2002. The European Union has adopted regulations providing for the continuity of contract within all member states, but these do not apply to non-European Union jurisdictions. Some of these have, however, adopted legislation dealing specifically with the euro.
Publication Name: ABA Journal
Introduction to land law
Publication Name: University of New South Wales Law Journal
- Abstracts: A survey of state income tax planning issues for international business activities. State tax issues associated with federal consolidated returns
- Abstracts: Sex, race, and credentials: the truth about affirmative action in law faculty hiring. From dancing halls to hiring halls: Actors' Equity and the closed shop dilemma
- Abstracts: Due process in the discipline process. Managing client emotions: how a mediator can help. An arbitrator's view of writing briefs
- Abstracts: An argument for the implementation of a biometric authentication system ("BAS"). The Financial Modernization Act: the dawn of a new era
- Abstracts: A pragmatic approach to Chevron. Allocation among self-insured, uninsured, and underinsured periods. Democracy, taxes, and wealth