The EU and conflict in West Africa
The European Union has increasingly professed a priority commitment to conflict-resolution policies, predicated upon a targeting of the 'root causes' of instability. An investigation on whether such commitment and formal developments have translated into different and more effective policies on the ground in specific conflict scenarios is explored through an analysis of European approaches to conflict prevention and resolution in West Africa.
Publication Name: European Foreign Affairs Review
Productive employment and the evolution of training contracts in Italy
The ambiguity and misunderstanding surrounding Italy's traditional training contracts that have often been used improperly could be removed with the implementation of new measures instituted as part of the Biagi reforms. These reforms need to be examined in tandem with the other provisions of the Biagi reforms to clarify the distinction between apprenticeships and access-to-work contracts that have replaced employment-training contracts.
Publication Name: International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations
Was Keck a half-baked solution after all?
The article with an aim to show that the law on the free movement of goods is in a state of transformation and the Court of Justice is in the process of examining whether a situation falls within the scope of Article 28 EC as can be seen in the case of Keck and if they will set different guidelines for it.
Publication Name: Legal Issues of Economic Integration
- Abstracts: The legacy of industrial pluralism: the tension between individual employment rights and the New Deal collective bargaining system
- Abstracts: What the anti-money laundering initiative means to the average (non-criminal, non-terrorist) investor/taxpayer
- Abstracts: Mode of trial and the influence of local justice. Reporting rape in London: a qualitative study. Evaluation of a UK police domestic violence unit using repeat victimization as a performance indicator
- Abstracts: Easing the pain of budgeting: best practices of law firms. How effective are graphics and presentations at trial?
- Abstracts: The MOX Plant judgment of the ECJ: How exclusive is the jurisdiction of the ECJ? Concurrence of jurisdiction between the ECJ and other international courts and tribunals