Truth is the daughter of time: the real story of the Nestle case
A thorough review of the international controversy over infant formula, beginning in 1966, is provided. All sides of the conflict, in the US and abroad, used suspicious science throughout the conflict. Its implications for future conflicts of international organizations, non-governmental organizations, and multi-national corporations are examined.
Publication Name: Business and Society Review
Baby for sale; Mich. man tried to sell his daughter,
The child abandonment case against Michigan man Larry Schaub is discussed, and Schaub tried to sell his infant daughter because he needed the money. This conduct was not an explicit violation of Michigan law until Sept 2000, when a bill forbidding the sale of human beings within the state was introduced in the legislature.
Publication Name: The National Law Journal
About Kinetic watches, easy banking and nappies that keep a baby dry: a review of recent European case law on absolute grounds for refusing to register trade marks
European Union trademark law establishes that distinctiveness is the crucial quality a trademark must possess before being registered in the EU.? Several criterea have been employed by EU courts to assess this distinctiveness.
Publication Name: Intellectual Property Quarterly
- Abstracts: From jeans to genes: the evolving nature of property of the estate. It's all fun and games until somebody declares bankruptcy: a debtor's right to season ticket holder status
- Abstracts: Money for nothing and leverage for free: the politics and history of the leveraged ESOP tax subsidy
- Abstracts: An argument for the implementation of a biometric authentication system ("BAS"). The Financial Modernization Act: the dawn of a new era
- Abstracts: The right to farm: hog-tied and nuisance-bound. Merger pitfalls in practice: three case studies. Securities law; an auditor's responsibility
- Abstracts: Beaten before they are born: immigrants, their children, and a right to prenatal care. Whose children? A response to professor Guggenheim