Are pets a healthy link with nature?
Disagreement exists on whether pets provide people with a healthy link to nature. Critics note that pets are the results of human-guided breeding, even if that goes back to cave days. Pet relations thus may be healthy, but they are not a connection with wild nature. Supporters note that pets do provide a link to non-human nature, and also pets provide a focus on healthy aspects of humanity not caught up in civilization.
Publication Name: CQ Researcher
Subject: News, opinion and commentary
The structure and notation of traditional dance music: a New Mexican example
Political, social economic and esthetic causes drove interest and development of folk traditions in Europe at the turn of the 20th century. Composers and choreographers felt a need to incorporate an authentic spirit into their arts. Folk art was believed to be the uncorrupted spirit of the people.
Publication Name: Folk Music Journal
Fighting prompts exodus from capital
Heightening tensions between Hutu and Tutsi tribe members caused fighting in Bujumbura, Burundi and many hope the tensions do not lead to a full evacuation of the country. Many people are traveling to the border to avoid being caught in more fighting.
Publication Name: Facts on File
Subject: Business, general
- Abstracts: Computer, heal thyself. Racing the main course. The main game
- Abstracts: Profiles of self-rated health in midlife adults with chronic illness. False prophets, bad economics
- Abstracts: Vigilance: what's a dad to do in a world of sharp corners? Collection-oriented languages
- Abstracts: A twinkle in the sky. Slap on Factor Four
- Abstracts: Catching up with Burroughs. The Jefferson definitives