A station's subcarrier frequencies can be leased to others, but the contract may require FCC approval if the channel is used for non-broadcast purposes such as common carrier or land mobile service use. Foreign language broadcasting, stock reports, reading services, and paging are typical subcarrier uses. The lease agreement is not filed with the FCC, nor does the FCC regulate the subcarrier's broadcasting material. The licensee does have control over the programming, although broadcast logs and other rules applicable to the main licensee do not apply to the subcarrier channel.
Publication Name: Broadcasting and the Law
Subject: Mass communications
Denning's legal legacy
Former Master of the Rolls Alfred Thompson Denning died on Mar 1999 aged 100 years. He was known for being able to clarify the law and to make it clear to everyone. But he was not afraid to challenge some aspects of parliamentary acts when summing up cases. He felt judges had a role in filling in parts of acts which had not been foreseen by the government. Denning was also known for making some controversial judgements. He became Master of the Rolls in 1962 and held the post until 1982.
Publication Name: Estates Gazette
Subject: Real estate industry
Lysa Marois: I'd rather be boating
Qeubecois television personality Lysa Marios enjoys boating with her husband Radio-Canada sportscaster Jean Page. She also keeps herself fit through dance and aquafitness classes.
Publication Name: Chatelaine
Subject: Women's issues/gender studies
- Abstracts: Big league. Peter's friends
- Abstracts: Analyzing promissory notes for negotiability. Hands off
- Abstracts: Birmingham. Whose business is it anyway?
- Abstracts: Automation as a Competitive Weapon. Reclaiming the sacred
- Abstracts: Balancing act: arbitration is about objectively assessing the arguments on both sides of a dispute. The 1996 Arbitration Act now strengthens its role