A geopolitical detective story
It is possible that there will be significant changes in the balance of world power in the first 30 years of the 21st century. To find out what will happen, four questions are posed regarding the potential for several countries to become a global threat. Based on the questions, which relate to ideological questions about politics, finances and resources, the resulting short list of potential superpowers consists of China, a united nation of Islam, Russia, Japan, the US, and Europe. The strongest potential is represented by China or an alliance between the US and Europe.
Publication Name: The Economist (UK)
Subject: Business, international
Organizing and archiving private collections of tape recordings
Those involved in research into wild animals should be aware that any recordings they have made of animal acoustical signals represent a very valuable resource. Such recordings should be shared with other researchers through central archives. The process of archiving recordings is becoming increasingly straightforward as all the leading natural sound archives shift to digital storage. Bioacousticians should seriously consider organizing their collection by using a good database program.
Publication Name: Animal Behaviour
Subject: Zoology and wildlife conservation
Leonardo and the invention of the wheellock
Leonardo da Vinci should be credited with the invention of the wheelock as he started working on this invention as early as 1493. Leonardo da Vinci also invented some articles that did not go into production during his lifetime.
Publication Name: Scientific American
Subject: Science and technology
- Abstracts: Water-pollinated plants. The loves of the plants. Plants that warm themselves
- Abstracts: Canned heat. Heat of the moment. A model for maturing markets
- Abstracts: XML and the second-generation Web. Second chance for Biosphere. Second thoughts about fluoride
- Abstracts: Research/development in the private sector. Performing internal audits of intercollegiate athletics: a self-monitoring tool
- Abstracts: Engaging the private sector. High flyer