You can prevent arthritis
Recent studies have shown that arthritis can be prevented through diet, exercise and drugs. Vitamins C and D, for instance, have been proven to reduce the risks of arthritis while exercise can ease the symptoms of the disease. Methotrexate can also control the progression of arthritis.
Publication Name: New Choices: Living Even Better After 50
How you can choose foods that help fight disease
Research is showing that the lowly fruits and vegetables we always disdain may contain vital chemicals that fight cancer. Broccoli, garlic, carrots, spices and soy sauce possess antioxidants that stop the destructive oxidation of free radicals in the body and halt cancer.
Publication Name: New Choices for Retirement Living
10 steps to a mightier memory
People normally begin experiencing a memory decline in their 30s, and it may become more troublesome over the years. Suggestions for improving memory include sleeping well, getting fit, eating properly, and getting organized. These and other suggestions are discussed.
Publication Name: New Choices: The Magazine for Your Health, Money & Travel
- Abstracts: How good is your M.D. at diagnosing problems of over 50s? News you can use for a healthful diet
- Abstracts: Bright ideas for eye-friendly lighting. How to pick a Medigap policy. The ABC's of Medigap insurance
- Abstracts: Ex-cop captures art world. Finding the best jobs. Working after retiring: here's how to do it
- Abstracts: Reorganization of prehension components following perturbation of object size. Aging and the psychological refractory period: task-coordination strategies in young and old adults
- Abstracts: Medicine's latest weapons against prostate troubles. 50 simple ways to live healthier. 10 simple ways to boost your energy