A performance model for staff internal auditors: implications for personnel management
A study is conducted to identify significant factors related to successful job performance by internal auditors, a position viewed as a temporary steppingstone to other positions within the organization. Internal auditors are less likely to stay in accounting. Variables include job satisfaction, motivation, organizational commitment, professional commitment and interpersonal attraction. The results confirm earlier findings, which rank motivation and job satisfaction high.
Publication Name: Mid-American Journal of Business
Subject: Business, regional
Resurrection: Brazil's Atlantic Forest rises from the ashes
An overview is presented on reforestation efforts in Brazil's Atlantic Forest, along with a brief history of the region's exploitation and details regarding its natural carbon cycles. The restoration process has required the removal of Asian water buffalo and the replanting of trees removed to create grazing pastures.
Publication Name: Nature Conservancy
Subject: Zoology and wildlife conservation
Wainimate; valuing women's traditional medicine knowledge in Fiji
The Women's Association for Natural Medicinal Therapy in Fiji was formed to spread the use of traditional medicines and medicinal plants. The organization organizes village workshops and other services.
Publication Name: WE International
Subject: Women's issues/gender studies
- Abstracts: Restoring an Atlantic white cedar bog. Restoring a balance among seabirds. Restoring the 'King of the Andes'
- Abstracts: Decadal predictability of North Atlantic sea surface temperature and climate. An oblique view of climate
- Abstracts: Evolutionary origins of bee dances. Tarnished beauty: the origins of pearls and silk. The origins of Andean irrigation
- Abstracts: Diets of introduced predators using stable isotopes and stomach contents. Oceaner
- Abstracts: Australia's gold medal for hypocrisy. E. Carrington Boggan dead at 48