A Mexican program for payment of dollar liabilities
The Mexican government has created the Fideicomiso Para la Covertura de Riesgos Cambiarios (FICORCA) (roughly translated, its Program for Coverage of Exchange Risk), managed by the Exchange Risk Fund of the Mexican government, to promote private investment in the country, encourage Mexican business firms to plan their own economic survival, and restore international business relationships. FICORCA provides dollar-peso exchange risk coverage on corporate debts owed by Mexico firms to foreign industries and governments payable in other than Mexican currency. Mexican debtor companies see this as a positive step. The program serves as a model for other Latin American countries that seek to regain their creditworthiness.
Publication Name: FE: the Magazine for Financial Executives
The effect of the prospective payment system on rural health care
Research indicates that the diagnosis related group based prospective payment system has enhanced the administrative processes of rural hospitals, but conclusive evidence that the system has improved health care access for rural patients remains elusive.
Publication Name: Accounting Forum
The recognition and timing of deferred tax liabilities
The features of companies that account for deferred tax liabilities in investments grants of the government in adoption time series period are examined.
Publication Name: Journal of Business Finance and Accounting
- Abstracts: Designing fiduciary liability protection. Banks blanking corps in battle over who holds EFT liability. Is a new product a liability risk?
- Abstracts: Space technology as a factor of international stabilization and destabilization. Development and imperialism in space
- Abstracts: Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay debuts. Japan's economic advance into China: meeting of Asia's two giants
- Abstracts: Advertising for Information: The 800 Connection. Do's and Don't's about Advertising to the Canadian Market
- Abstracts: 1986 directory of direct response ad agencies. The demographic challenge and the policy response