A Sporting Chance, But No 'Dead Cert' in Leisure Market
A survey by the author, 'U.K. Leisure Market: Survey and Forecasts to 1988', is the foundation for information provided. The leisure market appears to be a good market for investment. However, it is important to carefully plan which part of the market to invest in. Leisure has been a growth industry despite the downturn in the economy. Two main factors determine the amount spent on leisure, time and money availabilities. Several factors determine these including: age, retirement age, length of work week and workday, number of holidays and others. A chart lists all the qualities required for an ideal leisure investment.
Publication Name: Accountancy
Dead space in the breathing apparatus; interaction with ventilation
Dead space in breathing apparatuses influences the degree of ventilation and breathing gas application, so it is not adequate to examine breathing apparatus only at resting ventilations. Testing of three divers' breathing apparatus, examined at various depth and diver-exertion levels, revealed that both oral-nasal cup and mouthpiece ventilators did not have significant shortcomings related to dead space, but that a full face mask that did not include the oral-nasal cup was sometimes insufficient.
Publication Name: Ergonomics
The nature of the interaction between mandatory and voluntary disclosures
The crucial role that firms' mandatory disclosures play in determining their voluntary disclosure strategies is demonstrated. A special case of choosing between aggregated and disaggregated disclosures is served as an illustration of the model's applicability.
Publication Name: Journal of Accounting Research
- Abstracts: A marketing research in museums? Network marketing: the ultimate in international distribution. Machiavellian marketing: the development of corporate lobbying in the UK
- Abstracts: U.S. household finance in the 1990s. The new face of interactive advertising. Opt in or Opt out?
- Abstracts: Monitoring social change. The mad, the bad, and the simply ridiculous. A change process imbued with an Eastern Ethos revitalizes an Indian business
- Abstracts: AGM Report. Report of the Constitutional Review Working Party. Annual report readability variability: Tests of the obfuscation hypothesis
- Abstracts: Tiptoeing into Futures Trading. The pricing of bank bill futures and FRA contracts in New Zealand. Wrongful trading