Advanced TQM: measurements, missteps, and progress through Key Result Indicators at Corning
Corning Inc has developed and implemented a quality measurement process called Key Result Indicators using the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award criteria. This quality assessment tool will determine which way, how fast and how far quality management should go. Following the startup process of providing quality awareness and skills training to workers and establishing a quality-based infrastructure, Corning is currently in its World Class Quality phase which will give way to the total integration of quality and business objectives.
Publication Name: National Productivity Review
Far from fragile
Pilkington is a UK glass producer which has grown rapidly, reduced overheads, and withdrawn from an attempt at entering the contact lens market. The industry undergoes business cycles with the next peak forecast for 1998. The company has expanded overseas which should help it survive a recession. There is potential for growth in eastern Europe from a base in China, and there are growth prospects in China. The company could achieve a profit of 310 million pounds sterling for 1997.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
An alphabetized list of companies specializing in glass products is provided. Enumerated are complete company names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and some brief company profiles. Included in the list are Cambridge, OH-based Guernsey Glass Co, Mann Glass Co of Dallas, TX, Precision Glass Products Co in Oreland, PA, US Precision Glass, and Owatonna, MN-based Viracon which is the nation's largest fabricator of high-performance architectural glass.
Publication Name: I.D.
- Abstracts: Core process deployment - the key to results through alignment and accountability
- Abstracts: 13 'Top 100' marketers namd the best companies for working mothers. Marketers shouldn't let a recession rain on their careers
- Abstracts: 13 'Top 100' marketers namd the best companies for working mothers. part 2 Working customer databases; newsletters help build strong brand identity forPanasonic Factory Automation
- Abstracts: Analysts: North Korea outlook gloomy after U.S. election. Guns and votes, the Bush contradiction. As Afghani election nears, drug issue remains
- Abstracts: Government secrecy rises and costs taxpayers billions, group charges. The world wide reach of the internet: can a company protect itself from the jurisdiction of foreign courts?