Alberto-Culver Co's enthusiasm about its billion dollar sales achievement prompted the addition of another 2-cent stock dividend to its usual 6 cents for the Sep 1992 quarter. Chmn and CEO Leonard Lavin has emphasized that the extra dividend reflects the firm's determination to reach the two-billion dollar sales level. The personal care products and specialty foods maker has also weathered relatively unsatisfactory market conditions. Alberto-Culver's 94.5% stake in Cedderoth International has also been profitable.
Publication Name: The Insiders' Chronicle
Rewards for loyalty
Peter Black supplies consumer products and is a key supplier for Marks and Spencer. Peter Black has ceased to manufacture shoes in the United Kingdom and instead sources shoes from abroad. The company's personal care products are being given more space in Marks and Spencer stores, and Peter Black is investing 11 million pounds sterling in a facility for toiletries and manufacturing, scheduled for start up in 1998. Peter Black is family run and has a 50-year relationship with Marks and Spencer.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
Household products & personal care
Personal care and household product companies are analyzed and evaluated by Linda Bolton Weiser of Fahnestock and Co. Management changes and value orientation are among factors she looks for.
Publication Name: The Wall Street Transcript
- Abstracts: Net commerce comes of age. A new test for media
- Abstracts: Sound and vision. Wired for sound. The sound and the fury
- Abstracts: Working on air. Air France float tests market's head for heights. Ryanair goes major league
- Abstracts: Implications of nonlinear dynamics for financial risk management. Where to house your pension
- Abstracts: Effects of professional and non-professional investors' perceptions of board effectiveness on their judgments: an experimental study