Capturing the cross-national learning effect: an analysis of an industrial technology diffusion
Recent studies on cross-national diffusion have observed that when a new product innovation is introduced early in one country (the lead country) and with a time lag in subsequent countries (the lag countries), the consumers in the lag countries learn about the product from the lead country adopters, resulting in a faster diffusion rate in the lag countries. This study attempts to examine the relationship between lead and lag countries and to systematically capture the learning effect that takes place between the two social systems. In particular, this research examines the diffusion of retail point-of-sale scanners in countries that belong to the European Union, the United States, and Japan. It offers interesting insights for formulating efficient marketing strategies. (Reprinted by permission of the publisher.)
Publication Name: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Learning your lines as the CEO's understudy
Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) frequently think of themselves as the Chief Executive Officer's (CEOs) alter ego. The CFO is the executive who most often thinks like the CEO. A well-trained and qualified CFO is necessary to the financial well-being of the company. CEOs in transition from being entrepreneurs to middle-market executives may choose a CFO from the ranks of the accounting department. Such individuals are not prepared by training or temperament to run corporate finance. Accountants have an historical orientation, while the treasury finance officer is oriented to the future and to risk-reward analysis.
Publication Name: Cashflow Magazine
Learning on the job
Industrial design graduates should avail of industry-sponsored and interdisciplinary product development training programs to prepare themselves for real practice in the business world. Such programs will enable them to create design ideas that will make products more universally appealing and accessible and develop interactive skills that will promote teamwork.
Publication Name: I.D.
- Abstracts: Exploring the accounting needs of an ecologically sustainable organisation
- Abstracts: Policy issues in communicating with ETI. The Global Positioning System: policy issues for an information technology
- Abstracts: The trust concept: research issues fopr channels of distribution. Global Learning and Global Issues
- Abstracts: Process makes perfect. Eaton makes 'child's play' of auto switches. Rocky Makes a Comeback
- Abstracts: Refinancing home mortgages: a capital budgeting approach. A strategic approach to advancing sustainability at steelcase