Compulsory competitive tendering for public services in the UK: the case of refuse collection
UK blue collar services dropped by 27%-34% after the introduction of the Local Government Act's Compulsory Competitive Tendering (CCT) in 1988. However, services such as refuse collection, street cleaning and building maintenance provided by Direct Service Organizations cost 11% higher than private contractor services. No evidence shows that lower costs are due to changes in service specifications or characteristics under CCT.
Publication Name: Journal of Business Finance and Accounting
SPS Transaction Services Inc
Sears Roebuck and Co subsidiary SPS Transaction Services Inc's stock has been rated by Alex Brown and Sons a Buy recommendation. SPS, which services credit card transactions and programs, has derived most of its profits from electronic transaction processing. Analyst Cato Carpenter sees a bright prospect ahead for the firm and expects a 25% annual profit growth solely from its electronic transaction processing undertaking.
Publication Name: The Insiders' Chronicle
- Abstracts: Ratings Services Guide Sellers And Buyers. Computing Services When You Rent
- Abstracts: How and when business equipment is disposed of can affect the tax consequences. Investor Program Makes Expensive Energy Equipment Outlays More Feasible
- Abstracts: Taking a bit of a battering. Probing the potential or seriously taking the arts less seriously
- Abstracts: Surprise: Cable Produces Some Bright Spots. PPL produces first cloned pigs. Novartis acquires Vericore in surprise move
- Abstracts: Bad habits,(performance of Eyecare products) Guardsman Products Inc. Pumping New Life into Old Products