The Japanese manufacturing sector in the UK: a performance appraisal
Japanese investment in the UK is substantial and Japanese manufacturing accounts for more than 10% of the UK and foreign markets. A new study examines the performance of Japanese manufacturing subsidiaries in the UK and matches them against a number of domestic companies. The study shows that Japanese subsidiaries in the UK may minimize their exposure to corporation tax by engaging in transfer-pricing strategies.
Publication Name: Accounting and Business Research
Economic rates of return: an extension
Analytical research is presented describing the development of an accounting model which extends cash-flow through rate of return and the conversion of debt into funds.
Publication Name: Journal of Accounting and Public Policy
- Abstracts: Consolidation principles and practices for the UK government sector. UK pig sector facing collapse, says industry
- Abstracts: Plantation agriculture: its genesis, management, and role in the Malaysian economy. part 2 Biotech and the changing face of agriculture
- Abstracts: The key to PRP's low rating. Rethinking and Retooling for the Telecomputer. Rethinking old practices
- Abstracts: Survey on Americans & Food Technology. 'Functional food' pitches score with media, boomers. Technology presenting challenges to digital publishers
- Abstracts: Managing public impressions: environmental disclosures in annual reports. The chairman's statement: A content analysis of discretionary narrative disclosures