The US business and manufacturing sectors generally achieved production increase in 1997, as reflected by the data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The nonfarm business sector registered a production increase of 2% and an output increase of 6.8% in 1997. In the first quarter of 1997,the business sector's output rose by 6.8% while the number of hours worked increased by 4.5%. On the other hand, the manufacturing sector raised its productivity by 3.1% as outputs increased by 6.7%.
Publication Name: National Productivity Review
When the Bank's Consultant Has to Intercede
The appointment of a consultant by a lender is a new trend in dealing with problem accounts. Lawsuits over lack of foreclosure notice made banks realize that analysis of the problem is needed. Consulting costs vary with the size of the firm being examined. Engagement letters will preferably spell out the consultant's position. The benefits of such a review, assessment and fresh insight, outweigh disadvantages.
Publication Name: CA Magazine
- Abstracts: Natural mistake, or on the take? St Thomas' stock set to take a dive. Take use to your leader
- Abstracts: EBDI: the standards are coming. SETing standards for Internet commerce. Are private sector standards enough? An example from public sector hospitals in New Zealand
- Abstracts: Safestore builds its position in the storage market. Is database marketing in trouble
- Abstracts: Payments under stock agreement were sales proceeds. Prevailing in payments. Photoplay world games 2004: The hills were indeed alive
- Abstracts: Rationality, politics and healthcare costing. Costing the gold watch