The O2 Student Village, named after the German telecom giant that sponsored its construction, is a cluster of 'micro-compact' homes installed near the campus of the Technical University Munich. The cube dwellings were commissioned by the university' student housing authority both as a solution to the housing shortage and to illustrate that it is possible for factories to make portable, energy-efficient structures with light footprints for transient populations.
Publication Name: I.D.
Three Metrocall Inc. insiders acquired 480,000 shares of company stock at $5.03 to $5.50 between Nov. 20 and Nov. 29, 1996, indicating their confidence that prices will recover from the 80% drop since June 1996. Chmn. Harry Brock acquired 400,000 shares to increase his common holdings to 14%. Director Francis Martin purchased 50,000 shares while Director Ronald Aprahamian raised his common holdings by 300% by acquiring 30,000 shares.
Publication Name: CDA-Investnet Insiders' Chronicle
- Abstracts: Fleet Call Inc. A case study of a failed call options market. No Salesman Should Ever Call on a Stranger
- Abstracts: Reach out and touch someone. The Maeda touch. 'Post box' brings small suppliers within reach
- Abstracts: The challenge of the free market. A brief history of Baikonur. The history of the Oxford challenge to marginalism, 1934-1952
- Abstracts: Geritol Extend goes for the old. Medieval measures. When bar codes aren't good enough
- Abstracts: Land of the setting sun? Site uncertainty, allocation uncertainty, and superfund liability valuation. Contaminated land: keep out?