Goethe's economy of nature and the nature of his economy
A social history of 18th-century Germany which analyzes the interaction between the economic, administrative and management theories with theories of nature popular at the time is presented. Specifically, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's view of nature in relation to his administrative duties as Privy Councillor of Saxe-Weimar is examined to demonstrate the administrative rhetoric on investigations of nature during his time, and to show how economists and politicians of the period fashioned economic theories supposedly based on natural laws to legitimize enlightened despotism. It is concluded that Goethe's views on nature was heavily influenced by political motives, considering that his job as a natural researcher was a political post. Furthermore, it is concluded that Goethe was an absolutist and a promoter of the rule of enlightened despots.
Publication Name: Accounting, Organizations and Society
US economy: no recession
There are a number of factors which suggest that the US economy will see stronger growth, according to Morgan Stanley. Consumer confidence has dropped, as has output, but employment is still increasing and interest rates are likely to drop further. Exports may also be boosted by the low value of the US dollar. Productivity increases should also feed into economic growth. Growth may lead to rises in interest rates and inflation, but should also help corporate earnings.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
The Control of the Economy
Tight money policy, devaluation, and indirect taxation are analyzed as means of controlling the economy. Efficient monetary planning must consider the foreign balance. Inflation requires political solutions.
Publication Name: Banca Nazionale Del Lavoro Quarterly Review
- Abstracts: The effect of nonaudit services on the pricing of audit services: further evidence. Why press coverage of a client influences the audit opinion
- Abstracts: History and future of ergonomics in building and construction
- Abstracts: Information cultures: a review essay. Time for individuals to review withholding. DANMAP 98 questioned, FEDESA review
- Abstracts: The Crane Experience. The relationship between the experience of financial analysts and their revisions of EPS forecasts
- Abstracts: Foreign Ownership of U.S. Banks: Trends and Effects. Implications for Employee Ownership of Rath's Filing for Chapter 11