Information cultures: a review essay
E.R. Berndt and J.E. Triplett's book 'Fifty Years of Economic Measurement: The Jubilee of the Conference on Research in Income and Wealth' chronicles the evolution of the research program launched by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) as part of its agenda of analyzing the business cycle through improved economic measurement. The book offers a series of review essays that provide insights into the basis for measuring income and capital. On the other hand, P. Temin's 'Inside the Business Enterprise: Historical Perspectives on the Use of Information' covers the evolution of information management in corporate organizations, with an emphasis being placed on the shift in information flows with the onset of advanced technologies. The book shows how the history of information is interwoven with the history of trust and distrust within corporate organizations.
Publication Name: Accounting, Organizations and Society
Time for individuals to review withholding
Individual taxpayers should be planning in Fall 1995 to make any adjustments to their withholding allowances that may be dictated by a change in marital status or other event that affects their tax status. Employees can file a new W-4 with their employer to make withholding allowance adjustments. If filing status will change for 1996 based on events in 1995, a revised W-4 should be filed by December 10, 1995.
Publication Name: Taxes: The Tax Magazine
DANMAP 98 questioned, FEDESA review
The DANMAP 98 report of the bacterial resistance monitoring programme in Denmark was published in July.
Publication Name: Animal Pharm
- Abstracts: Managing information technology risk. The ethical hack. Managing the Microcomputer Explosion
- Abstracts: Advertising for Information: The 800 Connection. Major appliances: survivors of the '80s: major appliance shipments will rise 2 to 4 percent in '81
- Abstracts: Hunting for hidden treasure. The case for staying in-house. Staying on top
- Abstracts: Prime REITS for Would-Be Moguls. Peter Brownell. Peter Molyneux: prime mover
- Abstracts: Doral mirror reaches upscale shops. Operating environment friendlier in second-half 2004. Investigating the return predictability of changes in corporate borrowing