Made in heaven; taxed on earth
Careful consideration needs to be given to the tax planning strategies of married couples that have separated or divorced. In a tax reform proposed by the British Government, all taxpayers would be given a single allowance on their income tax; all married couples would be given two allowances. The reforms also attempt to recognize women as being responsible taxpayers in their own right. It is unlikely, however, that any of these reforms will be enacted before 1990. In the meantime, couples will continue to be treated as separate individuals from the date of separation for income tax and capital tax purposes. The current tax laws regarding maintenance payments and the division of property are also discussed.
Publication Name: Accountancy
Caring for the environment by doing business right can well sum up Patagonia's corporate outlook. A leader in outdoor apparel, the company has fused quality with sustainability by design innovations. Materials and product improvements always take into account sustainability. Even the offices of the firm are fitted with energy-conserving heating and lighting. A list of its breakthrough products include fleece spun from plastic recycled bottles and outerwear that is breathable and waterproof.
Publication Name: I.D.
The FTSE 100 index has seen a sustained bear market for some time, but a bear squeeze is expected to herald any new uptrend. If the index moves above 5,500, this may represent a new buy signal.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
- Abstracts: Driving ambition. Better to give. Jarrett/Favre Driving Adventure, Inc. (JVTT)
- Abstracts: Raining on evolution's parade. It's alive
- Abstracts: Merger on the grapevine. Packaging. Packaging: Pechiney in tin can merger
- Abstracts: MURBs: A Tax Shelter on Shaky Ground. Pack up your troubles. Ground zero
- Abstracts: In Need of Care and Attention. Layers '99 - Part II reveals prolapse widespread. Part of a Comprehensive Control