Perspectives on computer ethics and crime
Review of 29 state and the three federal laws governing computer crime indicates that legislation has not kept up with technology, perhaps because the concept of computer crime is difficult to define. In a survey, 72 managers in computer fields and 84 undergraduate business students were asked to identify ethical, unethical and criminal behavior in eight scenarios involving the use of company computers. Their responses to each scenario are listed. Additionally, codes of ethics related to computer usage developed by various trade and professional
Publication Name: Business
The selling of ethics: the ethics of business meets the business of ethics
Corporations, consultancies and business schools are increasingly focusing on the establishment of business ethic boundaries. Ethical dilemmas revolve around the competing interests of capitalism, although research does not usually attempt to analyse the basic assumptions made about the nature of ethical dilemmas. Even some companies with respected attitudes towards social responsibility claim their ultimate loyalty is to their stockholders rather than in doing good deeds.
Publication Name: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
Human Ecological Perspectives on Norse Settlement in the North Atlantic
The Vikings encounters and settlement in North Atlantic is often simplified. The interaction of the Viking with their environment is often ignored in favor of the more popular study of adventure, plundering and waring nature. The influence of environment on the psyche of the Norse settlers is examined. Technologies and interpretive methods are also discussed to provide new evidence of the Viking's relationship with their environment.
Publication Name: PR News
- Abstracts: Adaptive decision support systems for evaluating risk and uncertainty in capital investment decisions: opportunities for future research
- Abstracts: Consolidation principles and practices for the UK government sector. UK pig sector facing collapse, says industry
- Abstracts: Consolidation principles and practices for the UK government sector. part 2 Economic rates of return: an extension
- Abstracts: Electronic Mail: New Steps, Broader Applications. Perceptions of the Royal Mail case in the Netherlands. Supermarket sweep for Electronic Retailing
- Abstracts: Betting on success. Cleanworks Dispensing System. Tide's quest for a liquid success