Purchasing practice is considered to be the most influential factor for businesses to monitor since it can affect company earnings and value. Since purchasing activities are directly connected to a company's success, it is also imperative to use them as criteria in predicting the efficiency of a merger or acquisition. A company needs to integrate purchasing in its company-wide strategy and to visualize a complete and detailed perspective of its initiatives.
Publication Name: CA Magazine
How purchasing decisions are made in the mixed economy of community care
The purchasing behavior of local authorities in the UK under the 'Community Care' program is found to be influenced by factors such as trust and reputation. In this program, the authorities are vested with the responsibility of examining the needs of persons afflicted with mental and physical disabilities and ageing. The problem of sourcing managed care from private entities is also assigned upon the said authorities.
Publication Name: Financial Accountability & Management
U.K. Directors Loath to Delegate Purchasing
A survey of businesses in the United Kingdom found that corporate directors do not encourage purchasing decisions to be made by lower management. The board of directors were the purchasing decision makers in most cases in the survey. Advertisers should still promote products at all levels of management.
Publication Name: Business Marketing
- Abstracts: Applying microcomputers to capital budgeting decisions. Raising risk capital on the third market
- Abstracts: Searching for a lens. Searching for executive leadership in biotechnology. Pricing U.S. North Atlantic Bluefin Tuna and Implications for Management
- Abstracts: Gains and guarantees. A decision model for the deemed sale election for purposes of the 18-percent future capital gains tax rate
- Abstracts: Buyer/supplier partnering in British industry: the automotive and telecommunications sectors. Lessons learned from a decade of partnering
- Abstracts: Venture Capital Risk Financing for Growing Companies. Venture capital in the high-yield institutional market. A unique venture