Regulations Direct Ad Traffic Differently around the World
International advertising campaigns can be very complicated. An advertiser must know the market, he must be aware of the culture and he must obey government regulations. Australia and Great Britain require prior approval by the government of all advertising. Canada and Mexico require it for food and drink advertisements. The three most sensitive and heavily regulated products are alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceutical products. The depiction of women in advertising is the most sensitive cultural issue. In the Islamic countries, modesty in all advertisements is very important. An international advertiser should check what will and will not be accepted by the local censors. An advertiser can consult with an advertising agency with local branches, or talk directly with the foreign magazine.
Publication Name: Advertising World
The generics threat
There has been an increase in the market share of low priced generic products, reflecting an erosion in brand loyalty among consumers. A study in brand loyalty showed that within product categories, brand loyalty increased as brand share ratings diminished.
Publication Name: Marketing & Media Decisions
MRL regulations threatening generics industry
The maximum residue limits may be threatening the generic animal health industry.
Publication Name: Animal Pharm
- Abstracts: Incorporation: a way round the tax traps. The effect of social change in the U.K. Incorporation: Muddled Rules Ripe for Change
- Abstracts: Inflation & tax rates; their effect on financial planning and the real cost of debt. Why Latin America's debt burdens the U.S
- Abstracts: Factors influencing website traffic in the paid content market
- Abstracts: Managing information technology risk. The ethical hack. Managing the Microcomputer Explosion
- Abstracts: The New Chase for Better Benefits. Differential tax benefits and the pension reversion decision. Salmonella report weights the risk, costs and benefits