Speedy's certain somebody
The president and chief executive officer of Speedy Muffler King, Inc, a Toronto-based muffler, brakers, suspension and front-end repair company, attributes his firm's international success to a management philosophy of respect for customers and employees. Fred Karp has turned the company into a Canadian retail success story with this philosophy. Speedy now has 837 shops located in Canada, the US, France, Belgium and Germany and has more than 3,400 employees. Sales reached $430 million in 1992.
Publication Name: CA Magazine
The new Taiwan dollar & foreign exchange
The new Taiwan dollar (NT dollar) is considered stable as it lacks the volatility of other Asian currencies. The Taiwan government is committed to keeping the NT dollar stable in regards to the US dollar. The NT dollar traded in a range of NT$24.5 to NT$27.98 per US dollar in the period of 1990 to 1996. After depreciating in the wake of Chinese military aggression in 1996, the government bolstered the NT dollar to keep it stable.
Publication Name: Asiamoney
- Abstracts: Sunbeam-Oster Company. The new inheritors
- Abstracts: Reach out and touch someone. The Maeda touch. 'Post box' brings small suppliers within reach
- Abstracts: What price entertainment? Edelman tackles sports, entertainment 'convergence". The price of war
- Abstracts: The first time around. The $5-million man
- Abstracts: Park pleasure. Down Home with the Nashville Network. Down by the riverside