The Broadband Shake-up
Billions of dollars were poured In 1998 and 1999 on broadband providers by capital markets anticipating a demand for faster and more powerful Internet and telecommunications services which never came. But companies are still hopeful that in 2002 or 2003, a demand will come for bandwidth-intensive applications usch as business video-conferencing, video on demand, interactive games, the broadand telephone and the convergence of voice, video and data.
Publication Name: Global Finance
Framing carbon fiber
The advantages and disadvantages of using carbon fibers in designing a bicycle are presented. Though carbon fibers are handy and cheap, it is stated that carbon-fiber seat posts and headsets have been known to break easily, creating mortal hazards for riders peddling as fast as 30 miles an hour.
Publication Name: I.D.
Comparing the tax efficiency of actively managed and indexed mutual funds
The author examines tax differences between actively and passively managed index mutual funds.
Publication Name: Taxes: The Tax Magazine
- Abstracts: Audit fees and auditor dismissals in the Sarbanes-Oxley era. Anteon school cranks out Army UAV operators
- Abstracts: ISO and total quality. Total quality can work
- Abstracts: Wembley. Strong sterling still a problem. Still stuck in the pits
- Abstracts: Space and human security. Spae futures and human security
- Abstracts: Directly to the reader. Vale to Raymond Chambers