The Heglian logic of critical research: Understanding Professor Yoshinori Shiozawa
There are historical, cultural, and linguistic divides between East and West that make meaningful communication particularly difficult. Professor Shiozawa's keynote address is used to explore such communication problems. This shows considerable overlap in traditions of Japan and the West, with research in both cases, motivated by similar issues. There are still substantial differences in the specific content of research, but this need not result in total incommensurability.
Publication Name: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
Performance assessment of graduate accounting students: a comparative evaluation
A study of postgraduate accounting students at Monash University, Australia, indicates that there is little difference between the performance of students who had a prior degree and those who did not. Standard admission criteria are not accurate predictors of actual performance. Motivation may be the crucial criterion.
Publication Name: Accounting Forum
- Abstracts: Bases also reduced by in-kind gift to charity. Final rules explain substantiating charitable gifts. Freezing ranch's development is charitable gift
- Abstracts: The role of trust in the marketing activities of entrepreneurs establishing new ventures. Implementing and measuring the effectiveness of internal marketing
- Abstracts: Teledesic - the beginning of the space infrastructure of the future
- Abstracts: Airline deregulation creates clearing time turbulence. Private savings and finacial modernization in Mexico, 1988-95
- Abstracts: Marketing performance measures: history and interrelationships. Dimensionalizing international market entry mode choice