The Treasurer's Department as a buffer organization
The role of the Treasurer's Dept. in using, reforming and changing municipal accounting systems in Sweden is studied. It is shown that the Treasurer's Dept. functions as a buffer between politics and action by creating an ambiguous accounting system which is constantly reformed. These findings also contradict the results of earlier studies that assign a coupling function to the Treasurer's Dept.
Publication Name: Financial Accountability & Management
A broad church
Investors and traders can use several charts to provide technical analysis of share price movements. 'Point and figure' charts, Gann swing charts and moving averages are all useful, but investors must choose charts which suit their own time horizon.
Publication Name: Investors Chronicle
Storing and shielding: financial management behaviour in a church organization
Research is presented into the behaviour of financial managers in non-profit-making organizations, with focus on a case study of a large Australian religious group.
Publication Name: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- Abstracts: The Trends in a Water Authority. Information Exchange. Water regulator tells companies to extend meeting 'selectively.' (Ian Byatt)
- Abstracts: Patient care teams and customer satisfaction: the role of team cohesion. Product assortment choice for independent Web-based call service centers
- Abstracts: Central banking's hot seat. An odd couple that works. Parade edit staff shares celebrity interview secrets
- Abstracts: How to create a nimble organization. The dynamics of introducing performance metrics into an organization. Performance management: the foundation for a high-performance organization
- Abstracts: Trust and direct marketing environments: a consumer perspective. Patterns and determinants of global marketing