Increasing flexibility through facilities management
Facilities management promises to be very useful to corporations and local councils on shoestring budgets. As applied to computer facilities, competitive tendering is beginning to be appreciated as services are contracted, thus, doing away with the need to buy additional hardware. A voluntary as contrasted to a compulsory tendering system is recommended since the former is more cognizant of the needs of the council as customer. Other options such as the purchase of a software package and the development of software in house are currently favored by majority of corporations. Each option has its own merits and drawbacks.
Publication Name: Public Finance and Accountancy
A study on the impact of technological change on taxation practitioners to maintain their current knowledge of relevant legislation and procedures, and on the growing use of computerised technology in this area is discussed.
Publication Name: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- Abstracts: Use of accounting product-costing systems in making production decisions. Accounting for changing prices: the value relevance of historical cost, price level, and replacement cost accounting in Mexico
- Abstracts: Determinants of layoff announcements following M&As: an empirical investigation. An investigation of the relationship between board composition and stockholder suits
- Abstracts: How much do taxes discourage incorporation? Asset pricing with conditioning information: a new test
- Abstracts: Calculating shareholder influence. Making the most of a precious resource
- Abstracts: Confidence interval for the total advertising impact and its mean duration under Koyck models. part 2 The research tightrope: How do you know if an ad campaign is selling your product or service?