Picture perfect: the look of the book must reflect the customer's innermost wants
The Talbots women's clothing store's Resort-Spring 1986 catalog was produced by Stan Freeman and Leigh Silber of Allied Graphic Arts in New York City. Both are interviewed about their experiences while working on the catalog, the photographs for which were shot in Bermuda using 10 to 15 models. Talbots customers are conservative, straightforward, non-trendy women, and the catalog reflects this image. An important aspect in making one catalog stand out from the rest is having a distinctive logo that customers can recognize easily.
Publication Name: ZIP-Target Marketing
The customer exit process - a review and research agenda
The increasing importance of customer relationships and customer loyalty means that an understanding of the phenomenon of customer exit is essential. A new study of the customer exit process reviews available literature and prior research on the subject, focusing on the key issues of decline, availability of alternatives, barrier to exit and alternative behaviour. A model of the customer exit process is included.
Publication Name: Journal of Marketing Management
- Abstracts: Teaching Computers to Talk to Phones. When Your Only Customer Is the Federal Government. Teaching at PMCS: I've Only Just Begun
- Abstracts: How and when business equipment is disposed of can affect the tax consequences. Investor Program Makes Expensive Energy Equipment Outlays More Feasible
- Abstracts: Taking a bit of a battering. Probing the potential or seriously taking the arts less seriously
- Abstracts: Surprise: Cable Produces Some Bright Spots. PPL produces first cloned pigs. Novartis acquires Vericore in surprise move
- Abstracts: Bad habits,(performance of Eyecare products) Guardsman Products Inc. Pumping New Life into Old Products